The Engineering in Chalk conference is organized by the British Geotechnical Association (BGA) with support from the Engineering Group of the Geological Society (EGGS) and will be held on 17th and 18th September 2018 at Imperial College in London.
The conference aims to bring together the knowledge and experience of industry and academia by presenting research and case histories to provide a definitive up to date perspective on engineering in Chalk.
The objectives of the conference are to build on the success of the International Chalk Symposium held almost 30 years ago in 1989 in Brighton, and to provide an opportunity for geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists and hydrogeologists to meet and share their knowledge of the Chalk. This will be achieved by:
- Attracting papers from a wide range of disciplines, from the UK and internationally.
- Having keynote presentations from well-known practitioners and researchers.
- Engaging with potential delegates in all stages of their careers, including younger professionals.
- Providing a high quality venue with space for parallel sessions and a technical exhibition.
- Promptly publishing the papers in an appropriate form to provide a high quality technical resource on Chalk.
- Maximising the potential legacy from the conference to benefit future geotechnical practitioners.